Have you ever considered how much harm commercial cleaners cause to the environment? A great deal of their ingredients are toxic and not only threaten the environment, but your health as well. You will shiver in fear if you knew the possible side effects of the cleaning solutions you use in your home.
There is an easy solution that you should consider. Natural cleaners have become quite popular, as more and more people discover their benefits and practical uses. What is not to love about effectively performing your home cleaning without endangering your health or the environment you live in?
Castile soap is one of these wonderful products that you should try out as soon as possible. Not only is it natural, entirely made from plant oils and no added chemicals and preservatives, but it is also very practical! There are multiple uses that you should consider and make castile soap one of your most favourite products:
- Floor cleaner - the eco-friendly properties of castile soap make it great for floor cleaning. It does wonders when you introduce it as a cleaning solution for non-hardwood floors and carpets. Add diluted castile soap to hot water and use a microfiber cloth to make tile and vinyl flooring shine like never before. The best ratio for this mixture is quarter cup of castile soap to 5 cups of water.
- All-purpose household cleaner - castile soap nicely compliments home cleaning in its great variety as an all-purpose cleaner. The best thing about it is that it prevents germs from lingering in nooks and crannies. It is a great stain remover that you can use against a large number of stains. Combining it with essential oils gives you powerful options for quick absorption. A common recipe features 2 cups water, 3 drops of essential oil and 2 tablespoons of castile soap. You don’t have to worry about a thing if you have sensitive skin, since castile soap is very gentle and will even spare you the need to wear gloves during your cleaning service.
- Laundry detergent - having a laundry detergent that will not irritate your skin is very important. That is exactly what castile soap can be used for. There is no need to resort to commercial detergents, as castile soap provides everything you need from such product. It contains deep cleansing agents that allow for great sudsing action and cleaning. Here is a recipe you can try out: 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup borax and 14 ounces castile soap.
- Shampoo - do you want a great shampoo that’s suitable for both humans and animals? Castile soap makes a great choice, since it contains no extra additives like lauryl sulphate. You may find it hard to believe, but among the unpleasant long-term side effects of such ingredients is hair loss. Castile soap doesn’t irritate the skin, which is what makes it great for pets. It cleanses just as good as any other brand of shampoo you can find on the market.
- Body wash - you can use castile soap not only to wash your hair, but your entire body as well. When you apply it to your skin, you will notice that it easily lathers. What you will also notice is how great it feels, as it is a very gentle product.
- Cleaning garden produce - because some vegetables and fruits are treated with dangerous chemicals to protect against pests, you have to thoroughly clean them. Nothing is stopping you from using castile soap for this purpose. Simply mix a tablespoon of it with water in a spray bottle and use it for effective cleaning of vegetables and fruits when you bring them home in the sink.
Castile soap has every chance to become your favourite product today. Due to the many uses it has and the gentle formula it is made of, castile soap is a great product to include in your home cleaning routine and shower inventory.